Sunday, June 11, 2006

Word of the Day

GROUND HOG - Someone who takes control of the repeated bassline and won't let anyone else play it.

I've often noticed that the very best weather comes in the days that immediately follow the departure of company. It was cold and rainy when Arizona Daughter and her husband came for their short visit. Yesterday was beautiful. Today is beautiful. Oh well....at least we made a nice fire in the fireplace to take off the chill and make up for the lack of sunshine.

I need to have #1 son bring the fish up from the lake so I can clean them for supper. I think we have more than enough for another fish fry. I would have fried them up when Arizona Daughter was here but....she doesn't like fish. I don't think her husband is all that fond of fish either however they do like to catch fish. That's fine. The fish they caught along with the fish I caught this morning, there will be plenty of fish for supper tonight...if #1 son goes down to the dock and brings them up for me to clean. I suppose I could do this myself but since I'm the one who has to clean the fish I don't want to have to play a starring role in The Little Red Hen.

Murphyism of the Day

Phillip's Rule

The best defense against logic is ignorance.

No comments: