Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Word of the Day

VIBRATTO - Child prodigy son of the concertmaster.

Happy Anniversary Sis! My favorite sister and her husband have completed another successful year of marriage. Way to go!

#1 son headed out early this morning for his first day at work. He's got a job. It may not be the best job in the world but someone is actually paying him and taxes are being withheld. Plus, they don't seem to mind too much that #1 son has to keep his weekends free for solar car and he'll have to leave come September to go back to school.

HTP has gone off to The Big City to visit his folks. Belated Father's Day and his Mom has a doctor appointment.

Me? I think I may have found out another way to make it rain here in Wisconsin. I already found that one way was to invite someone to come for a visit. It's sure to rain for their entire stay. Another way was to spray for weeds...rain will immediately follow washing away all herbicidal spray. We all know what happens after you wash your car. And spraying tomato plants for blight wasn't too much of a surprise. Today I found out that if you spray your plants with Liquid Fence so the deer and rabbits and whatall don't eat your plants, it'll rain within the hour. It doesn't make a bit of difference that when you spray those plants there isn't a cloud in the sky. No rain predicted. The second you finish up, clouds that were never on the radar will show up. I was so careful. I checked the weather report. I checked the radar. All this before I went outside to spray the plants (I'd seen chipmunks cavorting in my garden) and now it's raining.

Murphyism of the Day

Geil-Mann's Dictum

Whatever isn't forbidden is required.

Corollary

If there's no reason why something shouldn't exist, then it must exist.

No comments: