Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Word of the Day

CON SORDINO - An indication to string players to bow in a slashing, rapier motion.

A batch of lilac wine and a batch of dandelion wine have experienced their first racking. Translation? You suck (siphon) the not quite wine yet liquid from one bottle to another clean and empty bottle trying to avoid all the gunk (sediment) that has settled out. Done. I'm not sure at this point how many more times we have to rack the wannabe wine because it's all up to the wannabe wine. We rack every 30 days until the stuff decides to grow up and stop dropping gunk into the bottom of its brewing jug. I'll keep you posted.

Did I tell you that I started a batch of rhubarb schnapps last week? I also started a batch of currant schnapps. I'm using the lilac schnapps as a base for both of these since the lilac schnapps was not a success....unless you happen to like drinking drain cleaner or paint stripper. I may try again next year using vodka as a base instead of pure-grain alcohol.

We're still having nightly visits from the raccoon family. They're checking to see if I've forgotten to bring in my feeders. I haven't. Not yet.

Murphyism of the Day

Peer's Law

The solution to a problem changes the nature of the problem.

No comments: