Thursday, March 01, 2007






Word of the Day

Agreeance - The state of agreement; when two or more people possess the same opinions or ideas.



I'm Home! I got home last night but I was too tired to blog. I'm not tired anymore and just because my knees and shins hurt, that's no excuse not to blog.

Three days in Vegas with Arizona Daughter. Quality Time. I think I walked more in those three days than I've walked since walking the logging road at the lake last summer. My knees and shins are complaining. I did have fun. I did do things that HTP and I don't do when we're in Vegas. We ate LOTS. We gambled together. We explored The Strip. Paris. New York. MGM. Bally's. Caesar's. Venetian. Kind of like an adult version of Epcot. We bought weirdly named drinks at Fat Tuesday's with extra shots of rum. Mine was called 151 Octane mixed with Pina Colada. Her's was Strawberry Daiquiri mixed with Pina Colada. I didn't know what 151 Octane meant. Silly me. Tasted good. I stopped hearing the complaints that my knees were making. I bought a really cute stuffed toy for DD Daughter's Pup.

Then....the next night....Arizona Daughter and I explored the Old Vegas Strip. Fremont. Golden Nugget. California. Four Queens. The Bayou....where we got that Football Drink. We shared it. I didn't buy it so I have no idea what was in it. It was red....and the pain signals that my knees were sending to my head got lost...or scrambled. And...I got LOTS of those Mardi Gras beads. LOTS! Apparently, all the bead girls were impressed that Arizona Daughter and her Mom were sharing a Football Drink.

So...anyway...I've got to re-name Arizona Daughter now that she and her hubby are going to be moving to Minnesota. She never liked the Arizona Daughter name so I've been thinking on it. Should I call her Fat Tuesday Daughter? FTD? Somehow that doesn't sound right. Flowers come to mind. How about Football Drink Daughter? FDD? I'm not sure that I like that either. I think I'm going to go with MC Daughter. Although she doesn't like to think of herself as a chef, I say that she's a Master Chef! A pastry chef. She can make those wonderful pastries that we saw at the Paris. So...Arizona Daughter? I dub you MC Daughter. Oh...and from now on we'll call MC Daughter's hubby, D Buddy....instead of TJ....just because MC Daughter and I talked about it and thought it was more appropriate. (Don't expect an explanation).

So...I'm Home! I'm unpacked! Oh...and MC Daughter ended up with the empty Football.

Murphyism of the Day

Gordon's Law


If a research project is not worth doing at all, it is not worth doing well.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"Winfield goes back to the wall. He hits his head on the wall and it rolls off! It's rolling all the way back to second base! This is a terrible thing for the Padres!" - Jerry Coleman, Padres radio announcer

No comments: