Friday, March 09, 2007




Word of the Day

Alponium - A gaseous material identified by the initial blast of odor upon opening a can of dog food.


It's Friday!

OK...that doesn't mean too much to me. Here in our little retirement community, one day is pretty much like the next unless you're talking about Sunday when some of us go to church. People will still be out walking their dogs. People will congregate at the mailbox to talk with neighbors. People will be working in their yards. The weather has been wonderful. It's getting warm enough that I'm glad that I already did the majority of my yard work. It's getting warm enough to close up the house.

Me? I'll decant that second batch of pomegranate wine on Saturday but other than that...maybe I'll fertilize the rest of our landscape plants if I run out to the Lowe's to buy fertilizer. Maybe I'll buy and plant a new plant to replace one that died last summer...but since no-one has actually noticed the fact that it's gone...maybe not.

Murphyism of the Day

Finagle's Fourth Law


Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it only makes it worse.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The fullness of our heart is expressed in our eyes, in our touch, in what we write, in what we say, in the way we walk, in the way we receive, in the way we need. -- Mother Teresa

No comments: