Wednesday, March 28, 2007




Word of the Day

Anaception - The body's ability to actually affect television reception by moving about the room.


Dust storms! We had a full day of dust storms yesterday. The air remain a hazy brown color for the entire day. Lots of wind. My plan of airing out my guest room had to be put on hold until last night at about the time I went to bed when the winds finally died down a bit. Too much dust...desert grit. I have drifts of the stuff littering my back yard patio and patio furniture. The water in the fountain is brown. I'll have to go out and vacuum everything. Sweeping doesn't work too well because it just kicks everything up again. The poor dogs took one look at the water in their water dish and decided that the water in the fountain looked fresher. Not to worry, I already washed out their dish. They have nice clean water now.

Murphyism of the Day

Handy Guide to Modern Science


1. If it's green and it wiggles, it's biology.
2. If it stinks, it's chemistry.
3. If it doesn't work, it's physics.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

To know someone here or there with whom you feel there is an understanding in spite of distances or thoughts unexpressed--that can make of this earth a garden.-- Goethe

No comments: