Saturday, March 31, 2007




Word of the Day

Anticappoint - To have a highly anticipated event fail to satisfy. To have high hopes met with disappointment. Similarly: anticappointed, anticappointing, anticappoints.


I wore a pantsuit. Last night. I figured I'd be more comfortable than if I wore a dress and had to constantly tug on sagging pantyhose and battle sore feet at the end of the night from wearing high heels. HTP and I had a wonderful dinner last night at Donovan's on Sam's Town's dime. Gotta love it. Donovan's is a wonderful restaurant. Expensive. Luxurious. All dark wood and peace. Great atmosphere. For a treat, HTP and I might even go there and enjoy the place on our dime. Pretty neat that we got to enjoy all that luxury and didn't have to pay more than carfare.

MC Daughter and D Buddy are spending the day cleaning their old apartment. I'm sure that they'll both be relieved when they can finally turn over the keys and see the last of the place. I know that they're both looking forward to their Minnesota adventure.

Me? I'm going to be throwing a nice beef roast in the oven for tonight. We'll be having beef au jus with garlic mashed potatoes and a nice garden salad when MC Daughter and D Buddy get here. It may not be as good as the garlic shrimp and filet mignon of last night, but we'll be home. Home is always far more comfortable than any restaurant can ever be. Besides....not to break my own arm patting myself on the back....I make a heck of a wonderful roast beef dinner.

Murphyism of the Day

Second Law of Particle Physics


The basic building blocks of matter do not occur in nature.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The heart hath its own memory, like the mind. And in it are enshrined the precious keepsakes, into which is wrought the giver's loving thought. -- Longfellow.

No comments: