Friday, March 02, 2007




Word of the Day

Agromagulated - Very angry.


Exhaustion sets in. I need a bath. With reason, mind you, with reason. After breakfast this morning, I sallied forth with pruning shears and garbage can. My goal and determination was to prune back all the winter killed vegetation in my front yard. My neighbors came by to cheer me on. One of my neighbors had me come over to her yard to show her what to do with her plants when her husband finds the energy to prune them. I pointed out the various botanicals and told her not to lose all hope. Most of them were already showing a wee bit of new growth. Then, my other neighbor got out her shears and started pruning the plants in her front yard. It's amazing how it only takes one person to shame everyone into getting down to Spring yard work. Needless to say, that one person isn't generally Old Grey Froggy. I was as amazed as anyone. So, anyway, with all the pruning and clean up in the front yard accomplished, I retreated inside to enjoy the second half of my now cold morning coffee. I nuked it.

After lunch, I decided, what the heck, I'd start pruning the winter killed vegetation in my back yard. I ran out of garbage can room at about the same time I ran out of energy with only a third of the backyard looking lots better than when I started. My arms are bleeding from the two groups of pygmy date palms that I trimmed back. I have my doubts as to the survival of one whole clump. *sigh* It was a REALLY bad winter here. My hibiscus had to be cut down nearly to the ground. My natal plum had many new green buds and leaves hidden under all the dead and brown. Thankfully, the miniature rose bushes look good and my Brazilian Pepper trees are budding out...in the backyard. *sigh* I may have lost one of my Brazilian Pepper trees in the front yard. I'm still hoping that it'll surprise me with a miraculous recovery...next month?

So, anyway, that's all the yard work I plan to work on today. What I can see from the window by my computer looks wonderful (well...all except that one clump of "it looks a bit dead" pygmy date palm). I've had plenty of bending and stooping exercise for one day. I'll let HTP haul off the bagged remains.

On a historical note, I strained the Arancello yesterday and added the sugar syrup to it. It is now resting. 40 days and nights before I strain it again, bottle and label it. My kitchen still smells like oranges. Actually, HTP claims that it smells like that orange smelling cleaning product stuff. He hates that smell.

Murphyism of the Day

Williams and Holland's Law


If enough data is collected, anything may be proven by statistical methods.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"They've taken their own precautions against al-Qaida. To prepare for an attack, each Frenchman is urged to keep duct tape, a white flag, and a three-day supply of mistresses in the house." -- Argus Hamilton

No comments: