Saturday, March 03, 2007




Word of the Day

Alarmisist - A person who causes by direct conflict or by interjecting false conflict in a situation to purposely cause alarm in others. Also known as an Eeyorist, akin to Winnie the Pooh's friend Eeyore.


Tiredness! However, I have finished removing all the winter kill vegetation from my yard, back and front. My hands and arms look like I lost a battle with a rabid cat but all the dead vegetation is bagged and ready for disposal. HTP vacuumed up all the loose dried leaves from the front yard. I expect we'll tackle that little chore in the backyard after I get back from church tomorrow. On the plus side, I didn't lose as many plants as I thought. On the negative side, things aren't exactly pretty and green outside right now. It's going to take a while for everything to make a comeback out there.

Murphyism of the Day

Edington's Theory


The number of different hypotheses erected to explain a given biological phenomenon is inversely proportional to the available knowledge.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"I think we're capable of going exactly as far as we go." --Boston Celtics coach Chris Ford

No comments: