Wednesday, March 14, 2007


Word of the Day

Aluminum ghetto - A term used to describe a trailer park, usually in a poor, unkempt condition.


76'F inside, 88'F outside...in the shade. I'm told that we're having global warming weather. I've come to realize that it really doesn't make too much difference what kind of weather we get because the global warming zealots always seem to claim it. Me? I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it. If my windows were open, I would be hearing the sound of the water in my fountain out in back. I'd also be hearing the sound of heavy equipment. Actually, even with the windows closed I can hear the heavy equipment. From the looks of things, "they" are burying a huge irrigation pipe along the main road which runs just a stone's throw from our house. We're not on that main road, there's the street that we live on, the houses across the street, the backyards of those houses, their back walls and then...the main road. So...we're close. Not so close that a wild truck ends up parked in my backyard but close enough that I can hear heavy equipment that's burying irrigation pipe and hot-rodders drag racing in the middle of the night. I think I'm missing the quiet at The Lake.

Speaking of The Lake, HTP and I are just starting to think about planning our return trip to The Lake. The annual migration of The Snowbirds. We've got a bit over a month yet left here in Arizona but it's time to start thinking. Do we decide to make the trip with three nights on the road? Or do we take things easier and make the trip with four nights on the road? Decisions, decisions.

Murphyism of the Day

Parkinson's Law of Medical Research


Successful research attracts the bigger grant, which makes further research impossible.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"Let me give you a little serious political advice. One single word. Puppies. Worth the points." - President George Bush

No comments: