Wednesday, March 07, 2007




Word of the Day

Allergivate - The inevitable action of a cat or dog to constantly gravitate toward guests who are allergic to them.


I got the results of my blood test! Woohoo! No stupid little pills for me! I passed, I passed. No more tests until November.

Someone told me that the tangelo tree that I planted in my backyard was a semi-dwarf tree. I have my doubts. It's getting huge. I trimmed back the branches that were starting to invade my neighbors' yard. She hasn't complained but I know that I wouldn't particularily want to do battle with a man-eating tangelo tree every time I went to dump something into my garbage can. OK...so, I'm exaggerating a bit. My tangelo tree doesn't actually eat men...or women. It just reaches out and bites a bit. I have the scars to prove it.

Most of my day was spent playing Pogo games. A total and complete waste of time. I could have been working on my backlog of Sudoku puzzles. I could have been working on that baby afghan that matches DD Daughter's hair. Instead, I played Fortune Bingo and First Class Solitaire. Oh well...I'll get back to work tomorrow.

Murphyism of the Day

Finagle's Second Law


No matter what the anticipated result, there will always be someone eager to (a) misinterpret it, (b) fake it, or (c) believe it happened to his own pet theory.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Looking forward to things is half the pleasure of them. -- Lucy Maud Montgomery

No comments: