Tuesday, March 06, 2007




Word of the Day

Alfred Hitchcook - To stab continuously at a block of frozen vegetables or other frozen food items to make them cook faster.


After fasting for at least twelve hours, HTP drove me over to see a vampire about some blood. Those blood tests that the doctor wanted me to have. I walked through the door of the clinic and immediately saw that I wasn't their only customer. The place was packed. I'm surprised that there were still two seats left in the waiting room. I took one and saved the other for HTP while he circled the parking lot looking for a place to park. *sigh* I signed my name on their little guestbook. Time? 8:45AM. At around 9:15AM, they called my name and took my paperwork, insurance card and corrected the wrong address that they had for me. by this time even more people had crowded into the waiting room. It's a big waiting room, maybe they need a bigger one. I sat back down to wait some more. Thankfully, HTP had guarded my chair. People were holding up the walls by this time. At around 9:30 AM, they called my name again, this time to take me back to suck blood out of my veins. I can't ever look while they do that. Three vials full. Somehow I don't mind seeing all that blood penned up in vials but I can't watch as they jab me and start the sucking process. Yuck! And the only artwork that they had on the wall was a calendar with two kittens on it. One grey and one black. No way was I going to watch as the nurse jabs a needle into my arm. Thankfully, she hit the vein right off so I didn't have to endure endless stabbing. To celebrate this, HTP and I went out to eat for breakfast. Coffee. At last.

I'm doing laundry today. Tuesday. I'm back on schedule. I also went out and sprinkled fertilizer on my citrus trees and palm trees. Hopefully, the fertilizer will perk up those poor palm trees. The citrus trees are coming back just fine. I'm looking forward to the sweet perfume of citrus blossoms. In the meantime, it's a beautiful day, and my only remaining responsibility today is to finish up the laundry.

What about the mammogram and bone density tests? I called to make an appointment. The soonest that they could get me in for those tests was sometime in August. Blink. I plan to be settled back at The Lake in August. Maybe enjoy a side trip down to Omaha to visit with my first grandbaby? So, I asked if it would be OK to schedule something in November. November 6th. It's on the calendar. Circled and in stars so I don't forget. I'll be back here in Arizona by then. I've got to schedule that eye exam for around then too.

Murphyism of the Day

Finagle's First Law


If an experiment works, something has gone wrong.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"The French will only agree to go to war when we've proven we've found truffles in Iraq."-- Dennis Miller

No comments: