Monday, March 26, 2007




Word of the Day

Ameriglish - The language spoken by the majority of the United States of America. Often considered close to the original form of the English language.


Yesterday was spent at The Renaissance Festival. It took two hours to drive to the festival parking lot. It really should have taken an hour to get there but it turns out that there was a golf tournament being held really close to the festival grounds and the traffic tie-ups were of parking lot legend. The festival was the festival. I can't say that I saw anything different than what I saw the many years ago that have come and gone since I was there before. I saw Ded Bob. Always funny. I saw the Tortuga Twins...still gay and there's three of them...still. I did buy myself a couple of new coffee mugs and a way cool filet knife with a carved antler handle. Way cool! I also enjoyed a couple of beers with D Buddy after he and MC Daughter joined DD Daughter and me later in the afternoon. The traffic coming home from the festival was again of parking lot legend. Same reason. The LPGA tournament. Not to worry...DD Daughter did the driving on the way home. I NEVER drink and drive...even a little.

Today, I went shopping with DD Daughter. She decided to stay here in Arizona one more day. Today. She'll be heading on to Nebraska tomorrow. She bought a couple of pairs of maternity jeans. I bought her a couple of maternity tops. I've got to alter one of them for her tonight. Right now she's out shopping and spending quality time with MC Daughter.

HTP is plotting our return trip to The Lake. Sometimes it takes a couple of attempts before a final itinerary can be plotted. I won't start the final countdown until the beginning of April. Oh...and I get to see the doctor on Wednesday about my neck. Wheee!!!! What fun! MRI? Let's see what the doctor says on Wednesday. My neck still hurts but the Advil I've been taking is keeping ahead of the pain. I'm saving the strong stuff...just in case the Advil fails.

Murphyism of the Day

Freivald's Law


Only a fool can reproduce another fool's work.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Take spring when it comes, and rejoice. Take happiness when it comes, and rejoice. Take love when it comes, and rejoice. -- Carl Ewald

No comments: