Sunday, March 04, 2007




Word of the Day

Alcohological - Things that seem logical only after consuming large amounts of alcohol.


With all but the finishing touches of yard work done, I decided to do absolutely nothing more strenuous then lay about and read...after I went to church. I played my clarinet with the contemporary group, third service. I had to park my car two whole blocks from the church. Second service was packed. Even the third service had more people than normal. Oh well, walking a couple of blocks after spending two days doing squats (gardening) isn't going to kill me.

A friend gave me a calendar for Christmas. The quote on the calendar for today was so appropriate that I thought I'd share.

The three grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. -- Thomas Chalmers

I have all three grand essentials and am content to state that I am indeed happy....even if DD Daughter did dye her hair pink. Ewwwww! Pinky?!? Well...I suppose she couldn't grow a beard like the other Marines who leave the military and she had to do something to celebrate her return to civilian life. She looks like an fairy...with pink hair.

Murphyism of the Day

Harvard's Law


Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure, temperature, volume, and other variables, the organism will do as it darn well pleases.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being advertised on eBay the other day--the description was, 'Never shot. Dropped once.'"-- Rep. Roy Blunt, MO

1 comment:

Mink said...

I have blue too. When I get bored with the pink I'll turn my head purple.

I like it. I went out and it made so many people smile. I even got a job offer from a guy at a hair salon. I had to tell him that I'm not actually a hair dresser. He said that it looked "fabulous".