Thursday, March 29, 2007




Word of the Day

Analog-retentive - Describing antiquated computer systems, or those who have an undying love for them.


I had my MRI this morning. I survived. I didn't claw my way out of the tomb. I didn't move. They gave me a blindfold. I don't smoke. Results? Pending.

MC Daughter and D Buddy are going to be heading to Minnesota on Sunday. They're going to stay with us for a couple of nights before they hit the road. All my children are going to be living in the midwest now. Oh well...at least we'll be able to see them during the summer.

I refuse to think about getting packed to return to The Lake until "tomorrow". That's a Scarlett O'Haraism. I'm not literally going to start packing tomorrow. I've got a few too many irons in the fire right now that have to cool off a bit before I can worry about packing. It'll get done. Stuff always gets done if you take it one at a time.

Murphyism of the Day

Cerf's Extensions to the Handy Guide to Modern Science


1. If it's incomprehensible, it's mathematics.
2. If it doesn't make sense, it's either economics or psychology.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

French Ban Fireworks at Euro Disney

(AP), Paris , March 5, 2003

The French Government announced today that it is imposing a ban on the use of fireworks at Euro Disney. The decision comes the day after a nightly fireworks display at the park, located just 30 miles outside of Paris , caused the soldiers at a nearby French Army garrison to surrender to a group of Czech tourists.

No comments: