Thursday, May 08, 2014

Double Double - Little Jon in the Morning

Tammy, Sarge and Little Jon

Word of the Day

A crappella - Poorly, and without instrumental accompaniment.

Loaded everything in back in the car and after last minute pictures and goodbyes, sadly headed back on the road again. It's hard to say goodbye but I'm on my way to say hello to two more grandchildren this weekend who I haven't seen since last fall. I'm looking forward to my visit with DD Daughter, Ms. En, and Mr. T.

The drive today was NOT fun. The rain created flooding on the roads and there was almost zero visibility on and off from outside Houston until I got to Dallas. IN Dallas, the traffic was slow to no go with multiple accidents and flooded lanes. Thankfully, things cleared up for the most part, traffic and weather-wise after getting through the Dallas maze and the surrounding area. Word to the wise, don’t drive through Dallas after a rain storm. They just aren’t set up for it. My six hour drive turned into an eight hour drive.

I finally pulled into my hotel in Edmond, Oklahoma at 4 PM...totally exhausted and ready to put my feet up. Of course, putting my feet up had to be proceeded by a debate about the pet policy at the hotel after I was informed that there could be no pets in my room. What?! Then, after I told them that I reserved a pet room, I was informed that they only have four rooms that they allow guests with pets to stay in. I made my reservations ages ago and I specified that I'd need a pet friendly room! What the flaming....?! Yes, I finally got a room which they reluctantly gave me because it wasn't one of their pet rooms.... Needless to say, I will not be giving this hotel a good review and I WILL NOT stay here again. I also plan to lodge a complaint about the attitude of the desk clerk and all the NO PETS ALLOWED signs in this supposedly pet friendly establishment. I will NOT be staying here again. At least I got a room on the ground floor and it's only one night.

I contacted DD Daughter to have her call the hotel where Kylee and I will be staying for the next two nights....just in case. Yes, they are ready with a room for Kylee and me. Thank you DD Daughter for making the call and relieving my mind. I'll sleep better tonight, knowing that Kylee and I will feel welcomed tomorrow when we get to Nebraska.

Random Quote of the Day

When a thing is done, it's done. Don't look back. Look forward to your next objective.

- George C. Marshall (1880 - 1959)

No comments: