Friday, May 23, 2014

Evidence of Logging

Word of the Day

Ambivulate - To pace around in an indecisive manner.

When Kylee and I walked to the road yesterday, I took several pictures documenting the logging that was done on our land last fall. I'm actually surprised that they haven't returned this spring to continue. I "think" that they're only about 1/3 done. I know that they prefer to wait until the ground is dry and the leaves are off the trees. That's...now? It would be nice to have them out of here before company starts arriving. The sound that chainsaws make isn't one of my favorites.

I decided to take it easy today. Well, I did complete an hour workout and I am doing some outdoor stuff. I dragged the sprinkler out to my kennel garden and got that all set up. I was a bit upset because the decorative sprinkler that I purchased last summer broke. Thankfully, I had another which seems to work just fine. I also installed my decorative shepherd's hook (the one that looks like a huge dragonfly). I'm still on the lookout for something to hang from it but for right now...I've decided to let it be.

The new towels that I ordered online came yesterday while I was in town. I've started washing and drying them. What was I thinking? Did I really need twelve bath towels, twelve hand towels, and twelve washcloths? Actually, I was thinking that the sets that they advertised didn't include two of each. Oh well...looks like I won't be needing to buy towels for a while. In the meantime, washing the new towels is a must. I'm amazed at all the fluff. I may have to wash them all a few times before HTP and company get here. I may leave add some of the towels to my inventory of towels in the basement, reserving them for guest use. I never seem to have enough guest towels down there when company arrives, and it looks like I'm going to have an influx of company over the 4th of July.

My yard guy called last night to tell me that he plans to stop by today to dig my new asparagus bed. It looks like he'll need to mow the lawn too.

Random Quote of the Day

Everybody has their taste in noises as well as in other matters; and sounds are quite innoxious, or most distressing, by their sort rather than their quantity.

- Jane Austen (1775 - 1817), Persuasion, 1818

No comments: