Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Last Summer....Right now it's too COLD for sandals.

Word of the Day

Acceptacle - A garbage receptacle that accepts all types of garbage - metal, plastic, glass, and organic.


It's been a long, full, day. I plugged in the Leslie Sansone DVD which uses a balance ball and....apparently, exercise, using a balance ball, doesn't agree with me. After a half hour, I thought I was going to barf. Maybe I should have taken a dramamine before starting. However, I did burn almost 300 calories. Was it worth it? Well...I avoided a LOT of calories due to the fact that I was too sick to munch on anything. I was barely able to keep down a cup of tea.

I took Kylee to the vet today. Sis came with me. Kylee had to have the whole boat of vaccinations today. She accepted all her shots with good humor. The vet is always amazed that Kylee still loves her. What can I say, Kylee loves EVERYONE...even the vet.

Sis and I stopped to see Ma and Pa. I'd noted that Ma needed a hair cut. I discussed this with Sis. We ambushed Ma and....we cut Ma's hair today. I figured that if we butchered her hair-cut....she would be forced to have a professional cut her hair. However, she seemed to be thrilled by our meager attempts.

Having not driven through the big city since last fall, I got a little disoriented when Sis and I were looking for the Co-op store in the big city. I turned right when I should have turned left. Sis doesn't drive so she didn't point out my error. Thankfully, the Co-op Store was still open when I turned around and finally ended up parking in the right direction. Why, you ask? Sis and I wanted to buy some goat milk. Kefir Madness rears its crazy head once again. Sis has once again started up her kkefir grains after I tweaked her bug. Plus, she discovered that she's allergic to milk sugars (lactose) and ....kefir milk. Plus, she's intrigued with the kefir sour cream and the kefir cheese that I've been making . Me? I'm eager to make some kefir goat cheese....and you can't make goat cheese without goat milk.

Next? Sis and I stopped and shopped at the grocery store. I must say that I was a bit upset that the grocery store didn't have any cilantro...other that the expensive organic stuff. However, I racked up some Gordy's gas points. Looks like I'll still be shopping at MarketPlace AND Gordy's this summer. I'm not happy with Gordy's fresh produce. The help at Market Place seem to be...unhappy. Selection for non-perishables is better at Gordy's is better. They have sushi but...it didn't look... fresh tonight so, though I craved...it wasn't worth the price. I may end up going to Market Place next time I'm in the city. Who doesn't have cilantro these days?

I heated up one of the salt-crusted baked potatoes that I cooked up last night for dinner tonight. I topped it with some Hormel Chipotle Chicken Chili and a dollop off my Kefir sour cream. Wonderful!

Random Quote of the Day

Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.

- Woody Allen (1935 - )

No comments: