Tuesday, May 20, 2014

It's a Start

Word of the Day

Bandpulliphobia - The fear of pulling off a band-aid; Especially when counting down from three.

Woodtick Count - 3

There was over an inch of rain in the rain gauge when I got up this morning. I enjoyed a the display of Mother Nature's fireworks that lite the sky in the early hours of the morning before dawn.

After starting a load of laundry, I took time for an hour of yoga. Knowing that I had to bring the garbage to the road, I collected and loaded it into the car. Killing two birds with one stone, I checked the mailbox on the road at the end of the driveway and then took the LONG detour into town to check and pick up the mail at the post office. I was expecting a package so I had to talk to the post master. He was confused that his delivery gal hadn't left a ticket in my mailbox. I'll let him worry about fixing that. I got my package. I needed to replenish my supply of Maltitol for sugarfree jams and jellies.

After driving into town, I continued on and drove into the city to buy bedding plants and pick up supplies, gardening and other. I purchased and planted another kind of potato (Molly) and some set onions. My kennel gardens are all planted. I still need to drag a hose out to the garden and install a sprinkler. I plan to do a better job of watering this year...and fertilizing. Amazingly enough, I ended up with lots of potatoes last year. Hopefully, I'll do even better this year.

I purchased eighteen tomato plants....actually, I bought four more than I need. I'll see if Sis wants them or I'll keep them for #1 Son and #1 DIL....or...I'll just plant them. I do have enough pots. I planted eight tomato plants and six hot pepper plants in pots on the lower deck. Tomorrow, I'll prune the older currant bushes and then dust them and the planted tomato plants with Dragoon dust. I still need to plant all the Earthboxes on the upper deck but I did plant three Asian eggplant, a couple pots of parsley and three pots of basil. I'm not sure if two of the pots will survive. They only had one basil plant at the nursery but...you can buy live basil plants in the produce section of the grocery store. I can already see that they look...sad. Then, to top everything off, I purchased and filled my three planting boxes on the upper deck with some really nice looking geraniums.

The laundry will get done...hopefully. My kitchen table is filled with bedding plants, onions sets, and seeds that still need planting. My goal is to get it all cleaned and cleared before tomorrow night.

Random Quote of the Day

Well, spring sprang. We've had our state of grace and our little gift of sanctioned madness, courtesy of Mother Nature. Thanks, Gaia. Much obliged. I guess it's time to get back to that daily routine of living we like to call normal

- David Assael, Northern Exposure, Spring Break, 1991

No comments: