Sunday, May 11, 2014


Word of the Day

Abolical - Something loathsome or unusually cruel perhaps associated with dire misfortune.

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

There's nothing like a warm shower in the morning. However, I'd prefer not to be fully dressed and loading the car during one. Thunder and lightning and rain, oh my! Oh well...the sweater that I bought in Ireland last summer helped keep my upper half dry along with the hat I purchased at the zoo yesterday. However, can you say Bad Hair Day? I think I'll be having one for the rest of the summer.

The car is all loaded but for my laptop and the cooler that DD Daughter will be bringing me this morning when we meet for breakfast. I'll put the laptop in when I mozy over to the Village Inn to snag a table in a few and the cooler in after breakfast in the hopes that the rain will let up a bit by then.

Once again, I'm sad to say goodbye to my grandchildren, Ms. En and Mr. T and my daughter, DD Daughter. I'm glad that I'll be seeing them all later this summer.

****

And I'm finally here at The Lake. Stormy weather chased me all the way from Nebraska and through Iowa. The rain didn't stop until I was twenty-two miles into Minnesota. And then, of course, Minnesota narrowed I-35 down to one lane each way which caused a massive traffic delay. However, nothing like Dallas. Frustrating, but....I sucked it up, took a few deep breaths and remained patient. The traffic construction delay...and by the way, no one was working on a Sunday, not to mention on a Mother's Day, added a full hour to my travel time. However, I arrived in the big city (20 minutes from The Lake)at around 4:40 PM. I rushed through some basic grocery shopping, just picking up the basics, and then picked up a flowering plant for my Mom. I could have picked up some flowers for her but...she's always preferred the living plants. After stowing the groceries in my car, I drove to my folks' senior living apartment in the big city. There's no way that I was going to stop in the big city...especially on Mother's Day, and not stop in to see them. They were in the midst of dinner but I know that they were happy to see me. I couldn't stay long because...hey, fully loaded car, coolers sucking my car battery, Kylee waiting in the car...but, I'm glad I stopped. I will be stopping in again later this week.

I arrived back here at The Lake at around 6 PM and promptly unloaded Kylee. "Dogging my footsteps" is such a descriptive and appropriate phrase. That's OK. She was so happy to be out of her kennel and FREE....FREE at last. No leashes necessary. I unloaded the car with Kylee at my heels. The groceries are all put away and my suitcases unpacked. The boxes will have to wait. #1 Son made sure my Internet was all hooked up. Yeah, I can blog and check email! And, I called DirecTV and I've got TV.

As for dinner....I have the ingredients but I don't have the energy to make anything. I've poured myself a glass of red wine, put my feet up and I'm calling it good. Tomorrow is another day.

Random Thought of the Day

Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

- Mary Hemingway

No comments: