Saturday, May 03, 2014

Fun at the Zoo in Arizona - Me and Jasum


Word of the Day

Tangentalize - To go off on a tangent or bunny trail in a conversation.

My time in Arizona is coming to a close. I've been keeping busy doing the normal things that I do while I'm in Arizona. My friend, BFF1 and I purchased a membership to the zoo which we've been enjoying, sharing with friends and family. We discovered the joys of Groupon when it comes to adventuring. She and my neighbor, Jasum, jumped out of a perfectly good plane while I stayed safe on terra firma, cheering them on and taking pictures. I think I'll skip that particular adventure but there are a few similar adventures that I may try next fall. Over the winter, I kept up with Walk Away the Pounds AND Yoga. I managed to lose only 15 pounds but I lost two dress sizes so I'm putting this in the win column. Meanwhile, I packed my Walk Away the Pounds DVD's and plan to continue the program on my own this summer.

I also let myself get sucked into Kefir Madness once again. It all came about when I had a craving for buttermilk. Kefir milk is so much better for you and tastes a lot like buttermilk so I ordered some grains online and I'm back at it. Making Kefir-Leban, Kefir cheese and drinking LOTS of Kefir milk which I like to drink with a sprinkle of seasoning salt. I'm bringing some of the Kefir milk AND my grains to The Lake this summer. I can't wait to try making Kefir-Leban with goat milk. The resultant "cheese" is similar to Alouette cheese when you add garlic, salt and herbs. Yummy with crackers. I also discovered that I can make my own sour cream that tastes a lot better than store bought. Pretty cool.

I had a wonderful time here in Arizona but it's time to return to The Lake. I'm all packed and everything I want to bring to The Lake is going to fit in the car. I spent over two hours this morning, packing and re-packing to make sure everything would fit. I even managed to get ALL the canning jars into the car! HTP is thrilled to get them out of the garage. It was a close thing. Those last two boxes (out of six), were a challenge. However, I AM the Tetris Champ when it comes to loading stuff into the car. Of course, after all was done and Kylee's kennel and my overnight bag were brought back inside the house, I was dripping more sweat than if I'd done a Five Mile Walk Away the Pounds Express WITH weights. And...now that I've had a chance to dry off, change clothes, and re-hydrate, I wonder if I can fit in that large pressure cooker that has been taking up space here. Ummmmm..... We'll see. Nevermind, it would have fit but I discovered that it was a Presto. I'm a Mirro gal.

Random Quote of the Day

There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

No comments: