Monday, May 05, 2014

Jasum and BBF1, Happy to Be on Solid Ground Again

Word of the Day

Abbonee - The agony or severe pain caused by attempting to stand or walk when a person's knees have seized up, primarily after a prolonged period of inactivity. Most commonly suffered by travelers using trains, cars, and planes as methods of transportation.

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. After feeding Kylee, I loaded her and her kennel into the car. She was so happy! Over the years, when it comes to my relationship with Kylee, I've learned to put her into the car before I pack and load the coolers and my suitcase. We're going to have a long drive today so I'm happy to keep her happy and sane during this process.

Can you figure out the photo that I posted? I took that picture of my two friends AFTER their great skydiving adventure. Relief and joy to be back on the ground once again. I'm experiencing a similar relief that I've got everything done and I'm ready to start my journey back to The Lake.

And...as HTP headed off to work this morning, he reminded me that I REALLY need to check my Packing List one more time. If he hadn't mentioned my cell phone.... I sure hope I don't forget anything important as I finally head out.

***

And after over 10 hours on the road and two time zone changes, Kylee and I arrived safe and sound at our destination for the night. Fort Stockton, Texas. It was REALLY windy today so we witnessed some truly awesome dust devils. Thankfully, they stayed off to the side of the road. We got caught in rush hour traffic in Tucson AND El Paso plus we had to go through a border checkpoint (looking for illegals). Kylee is a good traveler but is a bit hyper now that we're in the room....to be expected despite a couple of stops.

Random Thought of the Day

We learn something every day, and lots of times it's that what we learned the day before was wrong.

- Bill Vaughan

No comments: