Tuesday, May 27, 2014


Word of the Day

Remaindeer - Any leftover venison.


It's been raining ALL day and, after looking at the radar, it looks like it'll rain, drearily, throughout the night. My lawn is happy. My plants are happy. Me? It's hard to get moving on a day like this. Aussie's don't care that it's raining outside. If you own one, you need to be willing to toss a tennis ball around inside until they're worn out (ain't happening) or go for long walks in the rain....or both. I've done both several times today. Hey Sis, I thought you said that it was going to stop raining. It was still raining when I took the garbage out to the road....and...to make the task even more enjoyable, the mosquitoes tried to carry me off. I don't think I've seen this many mosquitoes since I was a kid, camping on the knoll with Ma and T-Square, you and Willie. Thankfully, I must have developed a sort of immunity to mosquito bites from those camp-outs...however, I still feel that annoying moment when they bite and no-one is immune to that incessant buzzing. I'm looking forward to possible sunny skies tomorrow.

So, for days I've been watching while a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak has bullied and chased the other, smaller birds (Indigo bunting and Goldfinch) away from my bird-feeders. This morning, I was watching as the Indigo bunting was bullying and chasing the Goldfinch away from the feeder. I have no idea where the Grosbeak was this morning. Watching the feeder while I drink my coffee in the morning is a source of constant amusement. It doesn't take much to keep me amused.

I had every intention of spending time working out and then rewarding myself with an hour of yoga. Again...hard to get moving. Plus, it seems like everyone was intent on throwing roadblocks in my way. Oh...who am I kidding. My fault and only my fault. Coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't cut it. At least the garbage is out and I'm getting the laundry done. My allergies triggered a stye on my right eyelid and it's driving me crazy. This too shall pass.

I took Kylee out for a perimeter check and the peas in all my pots are practically leaping out of the ground. I noted that more of the potatoes are coming up too. It's thrilling to see things grow. However, as soon as it stops raining, I'll have to pull and spray weeds...and re-pre-treat my tomatoes for blight. The rain has washed the Dragoon Dust off and I'll need to reapply AND on the currant bushes and zucchini.

My hair is rivaling Little Orphan Annie's do. All this humidity is making it look like I permed my own hair...badly.

Random Quote of the Day

You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients.

- Julia Child (1912 - 2004)


No comments: