Thursday, May 29, 2014

Time to Bring Out the Big Guns

Word of the Day

Grrok - A reluctant acceptance of the situation at hand.

Woodtick Count - 3

I drove to the city to join T-Square in a session of "Gentle Yoga" at my folks' senior living apartment complex in the city. It was different but with a lot of similarities to what I've become accustomed to in Arizona. It was gentle but...challenging. I'm not sure if Sis would be able to do portions of the exercise. However, I will continue to join T-Square twice a week, when I can. When I can't...I'll continue to use my recordings.

After yoga, I left my yoga mat at my folks' place, changed, and then sallied forth to purchase the items on my shopping list. I bought four inflatable children's beds to use in July when I "think" I'll be housing all four of my grandchildren. I'm starting to panic about that and...well...everything. Before that, I'm hosting my cousin, The Harpist, and her hubby, Lord Doug. I can do this. And then, I'm going to be dog-sitting and, driving my folks' to my Uncle's memorial service. ACK!!!! AND, I've got a doctor appointment on the very day that my cousin gets here AND I think I'll be taking Sis' dog to the vet.

The mosquitoes continue to be incredible. They attacked this morning as I rescued my big boat after it broke loose this morning. I had to buy new rope to tether the boat while I was in the city. Then, tonight, when I wanted to go fishing, I ended up having to use mosquito repellent....and....I only caught one fish, a bass that wasn't big enough. Oh well...I caught my first fish...even if it was too small. And, on the plus side, I still have enough mosquito repellent on so I can go sit out on the deck without getting eaten alive and I get to hear the little buggers killing themselves as they succumb to the lure of my bug-zapper.

Random Quote of the Day

Don't let the bastards grind you down.

- General Joseph W. Stilwell (1883 - 1946), Motto

No comments: