Friday, July 09, 2004

As I sit here toward the close of the evening, I reflect on my many accomplishments of the day. Hah! I knew that I shouldn't have picked up that book that I bought yesterday with the golden intention of only reading a couple chapters. I finished the book. I did make a gooseberry meringue pie. Does that count? #1 son and his friend made a bonfire and we had a cookout for supper. Hopefully there will be room after all those roasted marshmallows for pie later on. I plan to watch the new episode of Monk tonight. Maybe I'll feel more like eating pie after that.

We have to drive into The Big City tomorrow to take #1 son's friend to the airport. After two weeks of idealic splendor here in the backwoods of The Lake, he must return to the dry heat of Arizona. We'll all miss him. Especially since this means that The Diet is going to be back on with a vengence. Poor kid, the mosquitoes and woodticks are going to miss him too.

Murphyism of the Day

No matter which side of the bonfire you decide to settle on, the wind will blow the smoke into your eyes.

No comments: