Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I quickly ran out after  breakfast and picked raspberries.  OK.  I didn't run.   It was too hot to run with the humidity the way it was especially having to wear long pants and long sleeves to ward of mosquitoes, deerfly and thorns.  Who needs a steam bath out here?  Anyway, I've got a system.  I pick along one whole side of the driveway and then I pick the other side on my way back to the house.  Works great!  Unfortunately I failed to take into account the amount of berries that I was picking.  By the time I finished picking to the end of the driveway, ready to pick the other side on my return to the house, my bucket was full.  I didn't bring a second bucket.  Oh well.  It had started to rain at that point so I power-walked the 1/2 mile back up the drive to the house.   Weather-willing, I'll bring two buckets tomorrow when I pick the raspberries.   In the meantime, I've finished cleaning and prepping the raspberries for jam-making and dessert in between loads of laundry.  I still have to clean the fish for supper.  Maybe I'll see if any fish are biting as the rain has stopped and the sun is back out. 
 
Murphyism of the Day
 
Naeser's Law
 
You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it damnfoolproof. 

No comments: