Thursday, July 15, 2004

HTP and son headed off to college today. Orientation for #1 son, navigator status for HTP. HTP plans to return to The Lake tonight. #1 son has a full day of activities with freshman orientation, an overnight in a dorm room, and registration for classes tomorrow. HTP plans to return to retrieve #1 son tomorrow. I elected to stay home with the dogs.

Because I elected to stay home, I was able to pick the first of my wild raspberries. OK. They aren't my raspberries. Does anyone actually own wild raspberries? I didn't plant them. They're wild, they planted themselves. They do grow on my property so ....they're mine. I get to share them with the bears, the birds, the chipmunks, the bugs, and whatever else would like to eat wild raspberries. All signs point to the possibility that this year will be a good one for the berry crop...both raspberry and blackberry. Please note that I don't like to count my berries before they're picked. But knock on wood, I think I'll be able to make plenty of jam this year and there should be plenty of berries left over to share with the wildlife.

Murphyism of the Day

It doesn't matter that you took that book out of that bookshelf...there is no way that it will go back in said bookshelf because there just isn't any room.

No comments: