Thursday, July 22, 2004

By the time I picked two gallon buckets of wild raspberries, I was feeling a bit sick.  It wasn't all that humid today but I'd been at it for about three hours so I think maybe I should have brought along a water bottle.  Oh well, I decided to quite the wild raspberry theatre before I finished up on the final 1/4 mile of road.  Sue me.  If the weather holds, I'll start on that side tomorrow.  It took me two hours to clean up half the berries I picked today.  I still have to clean the other half.  By the looks of things, I'll have plenty of jam fixings this year.  I've never seen wild raspberries this big before.  It's a good season.  Unfortunately I can't say the same for the fishing today.  Not a nibble.  Oh well...at least the lake was pretty and quiet.  I'm going to see if I can make some kind of dessert for supper tonight...wild raspberries will be the main ingredient.

Murphyism of the Day
 
Hane's Law
 
There is no limit to how bad things can get.

No comments: