Wednesday, July 14, 2004

It's Wednesday and the lake is as still as glass. Only the wake of the occasional fishing boat disturbs the peace of the day. I don't mind fishing boats. I have a boat and like to fish too. I'm not too fond of water-skiers coming over from the neighboring big lake or the jet-skiers who zip back and forth madly beating the lake to a foamy froth. Every ding and dent I have in my fishing boat was caused by one of those idiots. Yes, I do use bumpers but bumpers can only do so much. Oh well...I get to enjoy peace until the weekend. I've never understood the mentality of those who come up here on vacation, who don't bother to take the time to enjoy the peace before they disturb it.

Murphyism of the Day

It's only as you sit to enjoy the peace and quiet that you notice the how noisy that motor is on the fishing boat that just went by.

P.S. I went to see Fahrenheit 911 today. It took a meal full of all-you-can-eat chicken wing dings, a shopping trip, and a half a glass of merlot before I calmed down enough to write this blog. What a bunch of slanted, conspiracy theory, propaganda bunk ala the kind of crap that came of Germany during the Hitler era! Did they call those films documentaries too.

No comments: