Saturday, July 31, 2004

Weekenders

I know. I'm awful. I'm antisocial. I don't share well. There's someone out there telling someone else out there that the evil lady that lives on the north end of that lake is a real B-word. I'm sorry. I try to suck it up. I try to ignore them. I really do try. I spend most of my time on weekends inside...even on nice days. Today I was quietly reading in my bedroom when the squeals of the weekenders just wouldn't leave me alone. I mean...they sounded like they were partying on my dock! They were...almost. I couldn't stand it. I went down to the dock with my leeches and went fishing. They were well within spitting distance off the end of my dock...and I don't spit too far at my age. Two pontoon boats tethered together made a wonderful island for these people to play. Loudly. I must say that they were polite enough (or maybe they could read my vibes of irritation) to finally figure out that mooring off someone else's dock wasn't all that correct. There are rules folks. I grant you that these are unwritten rules but rules none-the-less. I don't mind if you party in the bay by my house but stay away from my dock. I might just want to fish off my dock. I might get a bit nervous having people that close to my fishing gear, my boat, and my dock. Please keep the noise to a minimum. Sound carries on a lake and you really don't need to share your conversations and squeals of delight with everyone in a twenty mile radius. Think of the other people out there. Think of the locals. Try not to be an Ugly Weekender. Please don't throw your trash into the lake. Someone has to clean that stuff up. It doesn't just disappear. I realize that it may seem like the trash fairies come to clean up after you but I really didn't plan on becoming The Lake Trash Fairy when we moved here. I have no idea where that four by four came from that is floating on by my dock but I'll have to figure out how to drag it out of there. I suppose it's been specially treated so I won't even be able to burn it in the firepit. I wonder if my father would like to add it to his collection of building materials? MMMM. If it's still there on Monday I'll drag it up to the house to dry out. I really don't need old beer cans or bottles though...or old fishing line. I'll keep the old bobbers, hooks and sinkers.

Murphyism of the Day

The Parouzzi Principle

Given a bad start, trouble will increase at an exponential rate.

No comments: