Sunday, July 11, 2004

Hello My Baby, Hello My Honey, Hello My Ragtime Doll....


This song sung by the WB frog came into my head last night as HTP and I watched two yearling deer wander out of the woods onto our driveway. This in itself isn't all that unusual. Actually, it's quite normal out here at The Lake. We're always seeing all kinds of wildlife out here. We fully expected that #1 son's friend would have ample opportunity to enjoy the splendors of the wildlife that we normally experience while he was here. Nothing. He didn't even see the chipmunks that paraded around while his back was turned. Oh, don't get me wrong, he saw hummingbirds and goldfinch, he did see the occasional deer at a distance munching in some neighbors fields, but he didn't see deer in the backyard or in the driveway. And then the very night, after we'd returned from putting him on a plane back to Phoenix? "Hello My Baby, Hello My Honey...." The deer came out of the woods. I bet the fish are biting now too.

Murphyism of the Day

Nature's Law as Understood by The Old Grey Frog

Want rain? Get drought.

Want sunshine? Get rain.

Better bring an umbrella if the weatherman predicts sun.

If you bring an umbrella, it will not rain.

Nature rarely performs on a fixed time schedule.

No comments: