Wednesday, July 28, 2004

I had to drive into the city to replenish the food supplies here at The Lake.  Bread...can't just make my own though I do know how because we're on a diet and we must have whole wheat bread that will make good toast in the morning and yet be soft enough in the afternoon for sandwiches.  Eggs...we go through a lot of eggs because we only use the egg white.  I must say that I suffer endless bouts of guilt because I relegate the egg yolks to the septic system every morning.  Fresh and frozen vegetables...we use an incredible amount of these and I'll have to replenish this supply again next week too until my garden starts producing meaningful amounts on its own.  Meat...I'm sorry but I just can't get over the habit of eating meat.  I can't bring myself to eat fish at every meal especially since I'm the only one in this family who cleans the fish.  Powdered creamer...we all know about my addiction to coffee.  I must have my creamer with my coffee.  I have enough coffee to last two more weeks.  While I was in the city buying supplies, #1 son made chocolate chip cookies and cinnamon buns.  See what happens when I'm not around to stop such excesses?   Oh well...at least I know my mixer still works...and the bread machine too.  I bought the yeast so I could make blackberry wine in a month or so...not bread...evil bread...evil carbohydrates.  I know...wine has carbohydrates too but I haven't given up chocolate either.

Murphyism of the Day

Lackland's Laws

1. Never be first.

2. Never be last.

3. Never volunteer for anything.



No comments: