Friday, August 20, 2004

Buffets should be banned. They are lethal and not just if you happen to be on a diet. Good grief! Even if you take just a smidgeon of the best looking stuff, you roll out into the parking lot barely able to catch your breath. Gasp! Gasp! We took HTP out to celebrate his birthday at a local bar that has a wonderful ALL YOU CAN EAT fish fry with all the trimmings. Groan! I started out with such great intentions. I filled my plate with salad. But that shrimp looked good...and the chicken...and the desserts. Gasp...groan...moan! Buffets really should be banned. We came home and I had to collapse on the bed for a while just so I could breath. Moan. The food was just too good and just too plentiful. We'll save HTP's birthday cake until tomorrow night...his real birthday. I don't think I could even drink a teeny tiny dixie cup full of water at this point. And as always I'm left with..."Why the heck did I eat so much?"

Murphyism of the Day

McKernan's Maxim

Those who are unable to learn from past meetings are condemned to repeat them.

*I guess that answers any questions about why I eat too much at buffets.

No comments: