Monday, August 30, 2004

Yesterday evening we had a surprise visit from my Uncle Bill (my Dad's brother) and my cousin Peter and his family. I guess this must be the summer for visiting with people that I haven't seen in a long time. Actually, I did have a bit of warning. My folks called me prior to the visit. They all decided to stop by on their way back from the family reunion that I didn't attend this year. I turned off my computer and I vacuumed. And then I set out munchies for everyone. My pantry and cupboards were a bit bare but I was able to provide chips and dips (leftovers) . I used my imagination and I was able to cut up and heat leftover pizza into "chips" to dip into a bowl of leftover spaghetti sauce. It worked. I promise not to break my arm patting myself on the back but I do think my munchies turned out great! It was great seeing and visiting with my Uncle Bill and my cousin Peter again and it was great to meet Peter's wife and daughter. I think it's been about forty years since I've seen my cousin. He still looks like Peter....older...but Peter. They all spent the night at my folk's place and then continued on their way for a week of camping up north.

Murphyism of the Day

One should always expect visitors when your house needs cleaning and your cupboards are bare.

No comments: