Friday, August 13, 2004

It's another beautiful day. Cool and sunny. Unfortunately I can hear that the weekenders have returned to the lake. Oh well...

I have company coming tomorrow for a couple of days. I spent the morning cleaning and dusting. I know. I really should clean and dust on a regular basis but...I'd rather go fishing. Speaking of fishing, the fish haven't been biting. I suppose I should go check my bait to make sure that it's still alive and not stinking in the fridge. Yes, I keep my bait in the fridge. It last longer that way. I'm going to go down to the dock and see if I can catch some fish for my guests but I'm not holding out too much hope. We'll probably end up making bratwurst for one night and spaghetti for another night.

I'm going to check my garden for green beans tomorrow. I was able to pick a few summer squash yesterday.

Plans for the weekend are hiking and berry picking. Let's hope the weather allows.

Murphyism of the Day

The Bureaucracy Principle

Only a bureaucracy can fight a bureaucracy.

No comments: