Wednesday, August 18, 2004

You know that you've entered the modern computer age (OK...this could be read in 20 years and someone will get a real laugh out of it) when you start complaining that the DSL modem speed has reduced itself to the slowest of dial-up modem speed. I know. I'm spoiled. We're here at The Lake and I've spent a great deal of the day fighting the internet and grousing about how slow it is today. My excuse? Well...it did rain but I suppose I could have gone out when the sun entered the picture. Oh well. I did get one of my Pogo badges and started on another. It is cool. One of the gals online chatted that she had a bushel of tomatoes in her kitchen waiting to be canned. I inquired as to her location. Pennsylvania. I informed her that all I had was green tomatoes here in Wisconsin. I chatted that the weather had put us behind about two weeks and that the blackberries were still green, green, green. She chatted back that the blackberries out where she was were done for the year. Sigh. Oh well, at least I have something to look forward to...I hope.

Murphyism of the Day

Soper's Law

Any bureaucracy reorganized to enhance efficiency is immediately indistinguishable from its pedecessor.

* On this note I'm beginning to wonder if it's actually worth the effort for me to register to vote this year. MMMMM. Who's going to mess things up the most?

No comments: