Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I've been getting ready for a visit from my oldest daughter and her "significant other" or boyfriend. I'm not really all that fond of either of those titles. My daughter refers to him as BTP...Boy-Type-Person. I kind of like that. I took a page from her book(blog)and refer to my husband as HTP...Husband-Type-Person.

My daughter and BTP are going to be arriving here in the wee hours of the morning. BTP has a slight problem with deer. I think someone has sprayed deer attractant on his cars. He's managed to hit several of them throughout his driving career. I hope he doesn't hit any deer this trip. Oh well...they'll probably be driving the truck. Venison for dinner?

I might be a bit too busy to blog in the next few days. We'll be having a family dinner tomorrow night. Steaks on the grill...hopefully not venison. My sister is bringing corn-in-the-cob and her famous cole slaw (Fumi) as well as some cooked portabello mushrooms to go with the steak and Holy Mole (her recipe for guacamole). I'm making a raspberry dessert, the steaks, and a large green salad. I'm also providing chips and salsa, pita triangles and hummus and beverages. We won't be sending anyone home hungry.

Plans for the rest of Mink (my daughter) and BTP's visit can be ironed out after we've had a chance to visit. I do know that #1 son is looking forward to making homemade pizza on one of the nights.

Murphyism of the Day

Post's Managerial Observation

The inefficiency and the stupidity of the staff corresponds to the inefficiency and stupidity of the management

No comments: