Tuesday, August 10, 2004

How cold was it? It was so cold that....

The high today was 56°F here at The Lake. The sun did not shine. Again I was reminded of a typical fall day in Oregon. Rain drizzled from the sky for most of the day. My poor rain gauge had a hard time measuring the mere 1/4" of the wet stuff. I had to wear my winter jacket to protect my poor thinned out Arizona blood every time I had to take the dogs out. So what does one do on a dreary day such as this? Besides laundry? It's a great day to work on that afghan I promised to make for #1 son in front of a roaring fire in the fireplace while watching Fox News. Oh...and I washed up three boxes of antique canning jars and decorated the top of my kitchen cabinets with them. And I refilled the hummingbird feeders...again. And the finch feeders. And I watched the tomatoes as they remained stubbornly green.


Murphyism of the Day

Frothinghams's Law

Urgency varies inversely with importance.

No comments: