Friday, August 27, 2004

My arms look like I lost a fight with a cat. I went blackberry picking. The bushes bite. Raspberry bushes only nibble a bit. Blackberry bushes will take huge chunks out of the unsuspecting. I am no novice at blackberry picking. I went out in full battle regalia. I count myself lucky that I came back home with only a few scratches. I picked one bucket of blackberries. I'll clean and can them tomorrow. Serious blackberry picking will have to wait until next week, after my guests have left.

Last night was fun. Our steak dinner wasn't spoiled by rain. My folks and my sister and her husband joined us for supper. After dinner we sat down and watched a movie on DVD while we had the raspberry dessert I made. I think it was a hit. The dessert. The movie was great too.

Tonight we're going to go to Stouts Lodge and Resort for supper. We have to catch a special ferry because the lodge is located on an island. We haven't been out there in a couple of years. I hope it still lives up to expectations. Actually, I hope it's better then the last time we were out there. The last time we were out there, they'd lost their chef and were making do some of the kitchen help. Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed. Not at the prices they charge.

Murphyism of the Day

Amand's Law of Management

Everyone is always someplace else.


No comments: