Sunday, November 28, 2004

After breakfast, I started decorating for Christmas. OK. This is going to be our first Christmas in this house and I can't find anything. The Christmas stuff is all out in the garage scattered willy-nilly amongst the various cupboards. I had to consult the "spreadsheet" to figure out where stuff was located. After putting up a wreath, finding the green bulbs for the carriage lights and installing them along with the bows, and putting my "lawn ornaments" out...I decided to give up for the day. I still need to find a smaller wreath of some sort for the front door. I found the silk poinsettas but they're in two boxes stored way up in one of the upper cabinets in the garage and I'll have to back out the car, get the step-ladder out before I can get them down. I'm worn out. Obviously, I will need to reorganize things in the garage so all the Christmas stuff is stored in the same contiguous cabinets. When we moved, we just shoved stuff into the cabinets where the boxes fit...not where sense would be expected to easily find things in the future. In the meantime, I think I remember where my nutcracker men are so maybe I can get those out yet. I'll tackle the inside decorating after our belated Thanksgiving.

Murphyism of the Day

Miller's Law

You can't tell how deep a puddle is until you step in it.

No comments: