Saturday, November 20, 2004

I got up early because I had the suspicion that we would be getting another visit from our landscapers. I was right. They were replacing all the "flag emitters" for our irrigation system with "button emitters". HTP and I don't like "flag emitters" because they break....a lot. Anyway, our landscaper used the stupid things even though we had told him not to use them and so he had to send someone out to redo them all with the button emitters which cause a lot fewer problems.

Because I was up so early, I decided to try my hand at a sugarless peanut butter cookie. The end product tastes great but...I didn't use peanut butter so can they really be called peanut butter cookies? Oh well. Here's the recipe so far. It tastes great as it is so I'm keeping this recipe...it reminds me of the Girl Scout cookie Savannahs...but not as salty . However, I may try to use natural peanut butter for half the margarine next time so I can actually call them peanut butter cookies.

Old Grey Frog's Famous Sugarless Peanut Cookies...First Attempt

1 cup margarine (1600 cal.)
2 cup Maltitol granular sweetener (832 cal.)
3 egg whites (60 cal.)
1 Tbsp. vanilla1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (676 cal.)
2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (1214 cal.)
1/2 cup Wheatena cereal (200 cal.)
2 cups dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped, but reserve 52 nice peanut halves to set on top of each cookie as decoration (1870 cal.)

Heat oven to 375°F. Beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add baking soda and salt. Beat in flour, oats and cereal. Stir in coarsely chopped nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheets. Set 1/2 peanut on each cookie as decoration. Bake 13 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks. These cookies are about 126 calories each. You'll have to do the math on carbs yourself. I'm too lazy. However, the recipe made 51 cookies.

Murphyism of the Day

Blaauw's Law

Established technology tends to persist in spite of new technology.

No comments: