Friday, November 19, 2004

Our landscaping is done. OK, not quite but it looks, feels and works like it's done. The cool-decking still needs to be applied (Monday) but I can enjoy my backyard. Last night my daughter and her husband joined us for supper. We sat outside after supper and enjoyed the sound of the fountain as we sat and talked. HTP and I enjoyed our new view as we ate breakfast this morning. HTP still thinks the fountain isn't quite level. I don't see it but he's an engineer. It's bugging him. There's a rock that isn't quite where I want it and it's bugging me so I guess we're even. Originally I planned to add pots for annuals but now it looks like I should leave well enough alone. It's time to grab the paintbrush from my hand and tell me that the painting is done. It's time to move on to the next project which hasn't been thought of as yet.

I have to go out shopping today for groceries. HTP and I will be celebrating Thanksgiving in Las Vegas this year but I still plan to make a Thanksgiving dinner when we return. I'll put the turkey in the fridge to defrost just before we leave for Vegas so it'll be ready to cook when we get back. I still need to get the trimmings and they're all "ON SALE" right now. Time to take advantage of that fact. Besides, it's been a while since I've actually gotten out of the house by myself...other then walking to get the mail.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Superiority

The first example of superior principle is always inferior to the developed example of inferior principle.

No comments: