Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Today is Election Day. I don't know who'll win this election. At this point I'll just be happy when it's all over. HTP and I voted. The election is now out of our hands. My only hope is that the decision is made by the voters, not a bunch of lawyers.

I've got our drywall coordinator coming out to look at our ceilings today. We knew before we left for The Lake last spring that the ceilings here in Arizona would have to be redone when we got back. I dread the mess that will ensue. I'm told that they will be taking care of the refloat in January or February. HTP and I have to stick around here today until they have a chance to access the situation.

Our Orkin guy comes tomorrow. We're going to ask him about how all these scorpions got in over the summer. Actually, I never saw the scorpions but our daughter and son-in-law reported removing several dead ones while we were away. At least they were dead. That's a positive. Unfortunately, I like to walk in my stocking feet or barefoot when I'm at home. I dread stepping on one of those creatures in the dead of night. How embarrassing if HTP were to have to call 911 in the middle of some night...not to mention the pain and suffering.

HTP and I almost missed our drywall coordinator. He knocked on the door and we only barely heard him and caught him before he escaped. We are now free for the rest of the day. I don't plan to go anywhere near any of the polling places.

Murphyism of the Day

Las Vegas Law

Never bet on a loser because you think his luck is bound to change.

No comments: