Wednesday, November 24, 2004

We drove over the clogged rush-hour Phoenix traffic, and through the Joshua Tree Forest, to Las Vegas yesterday. Have I had any luck so far? Not much. I have time to spare to blog today. I am not eager to hit the money-sucking machines.

Last night I had a dozen raw oysters on the half-shell at one of the restaurants here. They were wonderful as usual. The filet mignon and the Alaskan crablegs were what I expected. I ate the crablegs, took a bite of my supposedly rare filet mignon and decided to pass on that. I don't know what Billy Bob's does with its steaks but they always are dry and tasteless. I had a great steak the other night at a place called The Keg but I'll probably try the ribs next time I have dinner at Billy Bob's. Tonight we plan to have dinner at Felini's, an Italian restaurant. Their food is usually very good. Just don't order stuffed salmon. I won't go there. With food so plentiful, we usually skip lunches but not on Thanksgiving. It'll be back to Billy Bob's for Thanksgiving dinner. I hope they do better with turkey then they do with steak.

I'm off to breakfast at The Harvest. I need coffee. Knock on wood, the money-sucking machines will loosen up a bit and return some of my money. If not...there's always Pogo up here in the room. Plus, my favorite author has a new book out. I suppose I could visit one of the Vegas bookstores.

Murphyism of the Day

Barth's Distinction

There are two types of people: those who divide people into two types, and those who don't.

No comments: