Friday, November 12, 2004

The landscapers are here! The landscapers are here! The doorbell rang (HTP fixed replaced our doorbell yesterday because the one the builder put in didn't work) at 6:30 AM. I think they actually got here at 6 AM but were afraid to wake us up. I was up. I overslept until 6:15 AM but I was up and dressed and my first cup of coffee was heating in the microwave. The dogs were barking in the backyard. I had to unlock our gate, let the dogs back in, and feed the dogs inside today. Before I could feed the dogs, I had to walk the job site with the landscaper to explain the design plan. I'll have to walk the dogs now until the landscapers are done. HTP doesn't want me to raise the shades while the men are working on our backyard. I feel like I'm living in a cave. I've walked around the block with the dogs twice so far. Our neighbor was outside with his dog Cindi, the second go round. Poor Cindi wanted to play with my dogs but she's twice as big as our dogs and my dogs didn't look too keen on the idea judging by the raised fur along their spines. Cindi was rather vocal but my dogs remained silent. At least I wasn't treated to snarls and bared teeth. Oh well. Dog walking is a good way to meet and greet the neighbors. I stuffed my pockets with dog treats as bribes to break the ice. My dogs aren't the most friendly individuals but they respond to bribery. Feed my dogs and you have a friend for life.

Murphyism of the Day

Allison's Precept

The best simple-minded test of expertise in a particular area is the ability to win money in a series of bets on future occurrences in that area.

Weinberg's Corollary

An expert is a person who avoids the small errors while sweeping on to the grand fallacy.

No comments: