Tuesday, November 30, 2004

It froze last night. The temperature when I got up was 27°F. Last night I desperately danced around my yard covering plants with sheets, towels and pillowcases. This morning I had ice floating in my fountain. It was 9 AM before the temperature warmed up to 32.5°F and I could remove the coverings from my plants. Despite all my efforts, I can see that my poor plants still suffered a certain amount of damage....but they're alive. I'm going to have to dance with sheets again tonight but I'm hoping for warmer weather later in the week. I'm not fond of dancing with sheets.

I dragged out and set up my Christmas tree today. As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with Christmas decorating...except for the ornaments. I'm going to wait on those until our belated Thanksgiving celebration. I'm relieved that I was able to find all my scattered Christmas decorations. I still need to get a smaller wreath for the front door but I may try to do that later today.

My cool-decking was supposed to be installed yesterday. It wasn't. Things look more promising today. Someone is outside right now removing everything that is currently residing on my deck. It looks like he's power-washing my deck now too. I wonder how long this stuff takes to set up especially at the current temperature of 44°F? I wonder if I'll be able to get to my poor plants tonight so I can cover them. I sure hope these guys know enough not to paint themselves into a corner.

Murphyism of the Day

LaCombe's Rule of Percentages

The incidence of anything worthwhile is either 15-25 percent or 80-90 percent.

No comments: