Wednesday, December 01, 2004

We froze again last night and tonight looks like a repeat of the last two. I'm not fond of cold weather. The reason we live in Arizona during the winter and not Wisconsin is that we don't like cold weather. It isn't supposed to be this cold in Arizona. I guess it's all this global warming that "they" warn us about. I'm going to have to dance with sheets again tonight. I suppose it's because I washed, folded and put them all away in the vain hope that the weatherman was correct and it was supposed to warm up.

My tree is up and decorated. My annual Christmas letter is almost done. I should go shopping but we only have one car and HTP got it today. I should start my Christmas baking but I've been too lazy. I need to plug in some Christmas CD's. Maybe that will put me in a Christmas mood.

My cool-deck is being applied today despite the cold weather. They couldn't do the application yesterday because a concrete patch hadn't cured properly. They had fans on it all last night. Right now they have fans running constantly to dry the first layer of cool-deck.

Cool-Deck Update

What do you mean I can't walk on the cool-deck until tomorrow?! How am I going to get out to cover the plants in my backyard tonight? My poor plants! I can only pray that it doesn't get below freezing. I was told that I couldn't move my outdoor furniture back onto the patio for a full four days. I can't even use my back door right now because they papered me in and they won't be taking down the paper until tomorrow. I guess I'd better put on my winter jacket and walk the dogs...again. You know. They really drink too much...and they snore.

Murphyism of the Day

Weinberg's First Law

If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.

No comments: