Sunday, December 26, 2004

Only 5 More Days Until Next Year...or if you include today, 6 More Days

I woke up this morning with the almost uncontrolable urge to put Christmas away. As I switched on the Christmas tree lights, I got the urge to gather up all the decorations and put them in storage. I'm fighting the urge. A few more Christmas cookies and a cup of coffee should help. I'm going to try and hold this urge off until next year. I can wait a week. I suppose I'll have to drag out the Valentine's stuff and the St. Patrick's stuff next. And then there's Easter....

We opened Christmas presents after lunch yesterday. HTP and I don't have to worry about early risers in our family anymore. Santa didn't even arrive at our house until well after 9 AM. He got here sometime after the turkey was stuffed and placed in a pre-heated oven and before breakfast.

Our poor dishwasher got a heavy workout. I really love this new dishwasher and wish I had one like it in Wisconsin. It did cut down the number of loads and unloads, and I didn't have to handwash as many dishes. I put away the last of the clean dishes this morning as I sipped on my first cup of coffee...reheated from the pot I brewed last night to go with a dessert that we never had room enough to eat.

The ads on TV are all about workout equipment and diet pills. I refuse to think about such things. I'll worry about all that stuff next year. After #1 son has flown back to Minnesota.

Murphyism of the Day

The 90/90 Rule of Project Schedules

The first 90 percent of the task takes 10 percent of the time, and the last 10 percent of takes the other 90 percent of the time.

No comments: