Monday, December 13, 2004

A computer elf (HTP) came last night and fixed my computer. He couldn't restore my old emails that were lost but he didn't forget to save the stuff that I had been able to reconstruct from the previous efforts to modernize my computer. Apparently this effort was necessary because Norton didn't want to have anything to do with my computer after XP was loaded onto it. The elf had to strip everything off my computer and start all over from scratch. He had to wait until I was asleep because I was rather reticent about letting anyone near my computer after the last time. Norton sniffed about and decided my computer is now worth protecting again.

I made cookies yesterday. I have to make more cookies today. I have to go shopping. I have to wrap presents. I have to go shopping. I need coffee.

HTP and I got an urgent email on our cell phone this morning. "It's so freakin' cold right now." #1 son is freezing in Minnesota. I assume that he was on his way to class because he sent this urgent missive from his cell phone. Poor baby. This from the boy that didn't think he needed to buy a winter jacket. I bet he wishes he'd bought a warmer winter jacket. I bet he digs out his winter underwear before he heads out to class later today. HTP and I are afraid to tell him that the temperature in Minneapolis right now is balmy compared to what it will be later this winter. I'm sure #1 son will be happy to enjoy a few weeks here in sunny Arizona for Christmas. I hope it will be sunny. I hope it will be warm.

Murphyism of the Day

Hlade's Law

If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy man--he will find an easier way to do it.

No comments: