Thursday, December 16, 2004

Cool-deck Update

After many phone calls and research, we met with our landscaper before breakfast this morning to shake our heads over our cool-deck problems. As a result, it has been decided that my patio furniture will be moved back onto our percolating deck and we'll revisit this situation at the end of January. In the meantime it looks like my chemical garden is resurfacing. Oh well...at least it looks like snow and that fits with the season. "Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow...."

Last night I made two batches of fudge. I plan to make a batch of fruitcake bars and a batch of sugarfree brownies today. I'm fixing up plates and tins of cookies for gifting. I can't even see the top of my dining room table anymore. It won't be long before I need to take the turkey out of the freezer to thaw for our Christmas dinner. Where I'll put it in my fridge, I have no idea. Sometimes I wish I had two refrigerators. Sometimes I wish I had two dishwashers. Oh well...if I did have two refrigerators, I would probably want three. Same goes for dishwashers. We never had a mechanical dishwasher when I was growing up. My Mom was fond of saying that she had three dishwashers. My sister, my brother and myself. Anyway, as soon as my mechanical dishwasher is done cleaning the dishes, I'll continue on with my baking. My other dishwashers have either broken down (HTP and myself) or they've evolved. They've grown up and are malfunctioning/functioning in their own homes or dwellings.

Murphyism of the Day

Gresham's Law

Trivial matters are handled promptly; important matters are never solved.

No comments: